Where does the camp take place?
Drake University’s Harmon Fine Arts Center is located at:
2505 Carpenter Ave, Des Moines, IA 50311, USA.
Parking is free on 25th street.
What time do I need to arrive?
Please arrive at 9:45am. The Camp begins at 10.
How do I pay for the camp?
2) check made out to Will Baker or Casey Maday
3) credit card. If you would like to pay by credit card, please email theDMLBT@gmail.com and you will be sent an invoice with payment links.
What should I bring?
1) Your instrument and a willingness to learn.
2) A notebook and a pencil/pen. If you don’t have one, buy one….this is now your practice journal.
3) Any music you are currently working on that you would like to improve.
4) A lunch and any snacks you might like. This will be a long day of high intensity music making! There will be breaks throughout the day for snacking. Please avoid bringing tree nuts.
5) Questions for the faculty trio.
Do I need to bring a lunch?
YES! Please avoid bringing any tree nuts.
What time should I get picked up after the camp?
Parents are invited to Jesse Orth’s recital in Sheslow Auditorium at 4pm. If they cannot come to the recital, please have them arrive between 4:45 and 5pm.
What time should I arrive at the Civic Center?
Please arrive at 6:30pm in the West Lobby. We will start performing at 6:45. The students can leave their instruments safely in the Green Room during the concert.
What should I wear to the concert?
Please wear a white dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. Look sharp! You are performing!
Due to an update in the Civic Center ticketing policy, a DMSO Symphony ticket will now be required to enter the building. This means that anyone who wishes to watch the Low Brass Day performers in the lobby at 6:45 must purchase a ticket to the DMSO concert.
All students will receive a complementary ticket to the symphony concert provided by the DMSO.
Parents that wish to accompany their student to the symphony concert can purchase tickets on Saturday at the box office. Simply present your student’s comp ticket to the box office and you will be seated together.